Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year


First of all, a blessed New Year to All.

It has been a while since I have updated my blog. It has seemed to take more effort than I could manage in the past month and a half.

We continue to feel the prayers of many and for that we are thankful. We ask that you will continue to uphold us in your prayers.


Medical Update:

It has become apparent in the last month and a half that to continue decreasing my medications would not be beneficial. My mood has decreased significantly, my anxiety has increased and my sleeping is very restless. After an appointment today with my psychiatrist we have decided it is necessary to go back up to previous doses on most of my sleeping medication. Although I was able to go off of one of the anti depressant medications the doctor feels that we need to augment the other anti-depressant with a further medication. So it seems that I have gone two steps forward and one step back again. The new medication is also used for thyroid dysfunction and the nice thing about it is that within a 6 week trial period we should know if it is working or not. I have been struggling to keep “my head above water” so to speak and ask for prayers to face each day one at a time.

Next week I have a week full of doctor’s appointments in preparation for my next hip surgery and I also have some more neurological testing to complete.

On Jan. 18th I have my second hip surgery.

Family Update:

With the break for Christmas Ivan and I have had the opportunity to reevaluate our situation. Given different circumstances we have had some difficult decisions to make and have done so prayerfully.

I will not be going back up to Kingston at this time. With more doctor’s appointments to be more closely monitered it makes it hard to be four hours away. I will be having surgery the middle of January and I will be recovering at home this time around.

This seemed a natural decision for myself but we also have Kaelyn and Jacob to consider. Naturally we want to do what is best for them as well. With much prayerful consideration Kaelyn is back up in Kingston and Jacob will be staying here with Ivan and I.

It has been extremely difficult to see our family apart once again however we have tried to make our decisions based on what is best for all of us as a family but also for us individually.

Kaelyn went back up this week with Uncle Mike and couldn’t wait to be back on the farm. She misses her horse, Ziggy (and all the other animals) and being right in the middle of busy farm life.

Jacob, for the time being, will continue his schooling at home with his mom. He was quite homesick in Kingston and is glad to be back in his own environment.

Prayer Requests

Many of you continue to ask us how you can pray for us specifically and we continue to appreciate this:

Please pray for:

-my mood to stabalize, for a positive effect of new medications, for better quality and quantity of sleep (and a few less tears would be nice).


-strength for Ivan as he faithfully supports and stands by his family.


-Kaelyn while she is away from us in Kingston (although I think it is harder on us than on her), her schooling and her safety.


-a calmness of spirit as surgery approaches, the hand of the doctor during surgery and good recovery after surgery.


-contentment in all circumstances, it has been a real struggle the last little bit
a peace and an ability to “BE STILL” and know that God is working all of this in our lives for His glory, according to His WILL and WAY even though it is hard to understand and to accept.


Devotion - Be Still and Know that I am God (Psalm 46:10)



What is its origin?


“Be still and know that I am God!” is the first part of Psalm 46:10. Here, the word still comes from a Hebrew word meaning to “let go” or “release.” The meaning would be best understood to say “cause yourself to become restrained or to let go.” In other words, we need to come to a place where we are willing to submit ourselves to God and acknowledging that He is in sovereign control.


When we realize that we are truly incapable of controlling life, we can surrender our will to God’s will. It may be a matter of finally saying we trust Him. This will open the door so that we may experience the fullness of all God wants and has for us. After all, He is our Creator and has a perfect plan for us when we let Him orchestrate it.


How can we know it’s God?


“…and know that I am God” denotes recognition, acknowledgement, and answering God. First, we must know that God is God, the one and only Supreme Being who created all the heavens and earth (Genesis 1:1). We can know Him by having an intimate relationship with Him. That does not come from knowing about Him, but rather getting to personally know Him by what He says (in His Holy Word, the Bible), recognizing the things He does in our lives, and by way of His Holy Spirit who comes to guide and comfort us.


In John 14:26, Jesus says “But the Advocate (or Comforter KJV), the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” (NIV)


When we read the Bible, we will learn to recognize the way God talks to us, the kinds of things He says, and the merciful love He offers.


God is:
Omniscient – all knowing
Omnipresent – universal presence at the same time
Omnipotent – all powerful
Holy, Faithful, and Sovereign
Infinite – without measure, forever


What is the next part of the verse?


“Be still and know that I am God; I will be honored by every nation, I will be honored throughout the world!” (NLT)


KJV and NIV uses the word ‘exalted’ meaning lifted up. Honored means highly valued or glorified. We are being told in this verse that the entire world will someday lift up and glorify the Lord. Romans 14:11 says, “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.”


And regarding Christ’s promised return, Revelation 19:16 says: “On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. "


SO SHALL IT BE!

2 comments:

  1. Bula (hello) from Fiji Bos Family,

    It was so wonderful to see you at Christmas. We wished we could have spent more time connecting with you all.

    We will continue to keep you in our thoughts & prayers. We may be half a world away in body, but we are right with you in spirit.

    Love to you all,
    The Isaac Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to think and pray for you all.
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete