1. Neurologist – The results of my MRI showed that there were very little changes. Although the doctor doesn’t want to rule out early early onset of MS it seems that this diagnosis is less likely. For that we are thankful. My neurological exam showed that I have improved in a few things but remain the same in others. The doctor suggested that the demyelination and lesions in the brain may have resulted from a virus and I may have to deal with many of the neurological symptoms on a daily basis for an indefinite time. The numbness that I experience may be related to some of the joint problems and we are going to do some more EMG testing.
2. Hip Surgeon – My left hip is recovering quite nicely. It still is stiff and needs some more stretching and strengthening. We have decided to proceed with the right hip. I will be having surgery again on Jan. 18th, 2011.
3. Psychiatrist – I have been able to completely go off one of my medications and I will continue to slowly work on decreasing others. The next medication that I will be working on is one that I depend on greatly for sleep so it will be interesting to see how it goes.
Thank you again to every one for your continued encouragement, support and prayers. They are all appreciated very much.
Hey Mel,
ReplyDeleteThanks for writing this blog, it is very interesting and I love your insights into the scriptures and the wonderful pictures you take. I especially loved your insights into the ugly (step) sister and the beautiful Cinderella (as if!). We'll be praying for you that things will continue to progress. Take care!
Erin (&Jaron&Hayden)
Hi Melissa,
ReplyDeleteI just read through your blog as my sister Sandra VM (from your church group) sent it to me. Wow! What a privilege to read how God is working in and through you at this time. My prayers will be with you as you continue to face struggles as well as triumphs with your medical issues and having your family separated for periods of time. Love the devotional insights and the photos! We met when you took our family photos when my parents had their 50th (Suk) a few years ago. Blessings, Melissa. May His peace and strength continue to fill you with contentment daily. (I just read about Hannah in my devotions this morning!)
In His love, Ethel Branderhorst :)