Saturday, January 29, 2011

Post Surgery #2

Well it's been almost two weeks since my right hip surgery.
The surgery went as well as can be expected. I am finding this time around is going a little better than last time. Maybe because I know what to expect. In any case I am a lot more mobile at two weeks post surgery than I was last time. This week I start physio and I will have my first follow up appointment with Dr. Wong.

If you have the stomach for it here is a little snippit of part of the surgery...Dr. Wong records small parts of the surgery and gives a disc to all his patients so they can get an idea of what is being done.




As far as the depression and anxiety goes the new medication seems to be starting to work. I am very thankful for this.

Again, I thank every one for their thoughts and prayers, phone calls, meals etc. It all is appreciated so much.





Jacob and I are getting back into the swing of things for his school work. He has been a great help for me. He's been keeping himself busy with reading and his toys and looks forward to having his buddy Nathan (from across the street) over in the afternoon.

Kaelyn is also doing well. She was home last weekend for a visit and then Ivan and Jacob went to Kingston this Thursday for a visit. They went sledding on what we are told is the "best sledding hill in Canada"! They were able to watch her riding lesson and then they headed back home.

Kaelyn continues to enjoy the business of being on the farm and has even started a new course for school! This past Monday when I asked her how school was going she told me she spent the day learning about economics! I was pretty curious what economics all involved and she told me she helped Bethuel with the household and farm shopping!

Kaelyn continues to do her horseback riding. She continues to ride Ziggy. She is wonderful horse with a spicy little character. Ziggy was trained very early for jumping and barrel racing and was quite successful. Unfortunately her owners pushed her too hard, too early and that is how she came to Bethuel. Ziggy loves riding with Kaelyn. Every Wednesday and Thursday when it's time for the horses to come in from the fields Ziggy is first in line. She can however give Kaelyn a good run for her money and be pretty stubborn sometimes.

The next video is one that I took back in December. Kaelyn took a beginners class in jumping. This is Ziggy's first time round to go over the poles and she showed us all that she remembers quite well how to jump, thank you very much. Kaelyn handled Ziggy very well to get her back under control...unfortunately you can't see that part because I forgot to move the camera...I wasn't sure if Kaelyn would stay on or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment